Sunday 22 January 2012

I Love You, Internet!


Have you ever seen a photograph or a painting, and wondered what was happening just outside of the frame? Sebastian Cosor certainly has. This week I stumbled upon his interpretation of Edvard Munch's The Scream, a peculiar and wonderful three minute marriage of expressionism, animation and Pink Floyd. You'll find the short film above, and a round-up of this week's entertaining and inspirational scraps from the world wide web can be found after the jump.

  • Lana Del Rey has been at the centre of a critical whirlwind just lately. Some applaud her sultry sound, while others dismiss her as another manufactured pop princess, albeit one with slightly indie sensibilities. I personally can't help but wonder what all the fuss is about - the music industry is hardly known for turning out paragons of creative integrity, and I'd take the artist formerly known as Lizzy Grant over Lady Gaga, who has co-opted all of homosexuality and counter culture for herself, any day. This weekend, The Guardian looked at both sides of the Lana Del Rey controversy.
  • I'm a big fan of visual storytelling, mainly because as a writer I am hugely jealous of people who can draw. I can put together a dashing stick man (and the incredibly fun DrawAStickMan.com is always worth a visit), but that's about it. I was particularly delighted to find this short webcomic, entitled "What Were You Raised By Wolves?"
  • Christopher Rice, one of my favourite novelists (and crush, if I'm honest) discussed the ins and outs of being a "gay author" with Eric Shaw Quinn over at The Huffington Post.
  • And to finish, a personal victory. A rather jaunty striped jumper with elbow patches got me featured on the homepage of "What I Wore Today", a British style blog. WIWT.com is the brainchild of fashion blogger Poppy Dinsey - follow her on Twitter here. Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment